From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Use of CloudStack Wordmark on CloudStack Works T-shirts
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 12:47:27 GMT
(Note mixed private/public lists)

Indeed, marketing@cloudstack is doing great taking care of first line
questions for Apache CloudStack. 8-)

Karen's Citrix sponsored shirt design looks fine for me.  Two questions
to ponder:

- Is the use of cloudstack.org on the back intentional?  Traditionally I
would think this should be cloudstack.apache.org to help enforce the
Apache branding, especially since there aren't any other Apaches on the
shirt design.

This is not necessarily a problem; in particular this PMC has shown
you're very aware and respectful of all our brands.  But it is something
I'd hope to see the thought process on.

- We should be clear that the #cloudstackworks (great!) slogan is being
managed by the PMC *for* the Apache CloudStack project itself, and is
not going to become a Citrix slogan or trademark *about* the project.

Again: this is just a reminder of something that I'm betting the PMC
(and Karen and other Citrix marketing folks have nicely shown) know
quite well and are doing the right way already. 8-)

Thanks and looking forward to more,
- Shane

On 6/5/14 10:35 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
> Thanks for forwarding to tm@ Sally! We usually have requests like this
> come to the CloudStack lists first, so we can take first crack at any
> issues the PMC might have (similar to how Shane usually adds the related
> PMC after a request is made directly to tm@). A PMC member usually
> reviews the request and copies in tm@ for formal approval (except for
> event sponsorships, which are in our policy as a PMC ACK with 72 hour
> lazy consensus based approval).
>
> Karen,
>
> Looks great to me! We will need a clear approval from Shane on this due
> to ASF-wide policy for approval of "goods" using the marks.
>
> Shane (or trademarks committee, or PMC), any concerns? If none, we need
> your approval please Shane!
>

> On Thursday, June 5, 2014, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com
> <mailto:sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     __
>     Hi Karen --I'm copying ASF Brand Management here as
>     trademark-related items fall under their domain.
>
>     Thanks in advance, trademarks@, for your help here!
>
>     - Sally
>
>     [From the mobile; please excuse spelling/spacing errors and brevity]

permission to use the CloudStack wordmark on the t-shirts. Here's a mockup of the t-shirt
for review:http://i.imgur.com/M2Sda5x.jpg