From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] What's Our Battle Cry? CloudStack the Cloud that Just Works
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 12:24:36 GMT

On Jun 2, 2014, at 6:30 AM, Reuven Cohen <reuven.cohen@citrix.com> wrote:

> Because it works. So do the other guys.

Yeah, I like the #cloudstackworks ….with all your apps etc……but if we are insinuating
that cloudstack works and that other solutions don't, I think it's a slippery slope.

IMHO the other solutions out there also work very well. I have used opennebula first hand,
and it was very slick + I doubt that openstack does not work or does not scale (knowing the
scale of cern deployment).

> This statement comes off as a bit delusional. It's mostly passive, when we should be
aggressive. It's like ford saying, cause it drives. Obviously.

> Why not focus on why it's a better, faster, more scalable way to run your business. Zero
to hero in minutes.

> @rUv
>
> (Sent on the run, please pardon any typos)
>
>> On Jun 2, 2014, at 4:22 AM, "Giles Sirett" <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>>
>> Shannon - love that. Like Chip, when people say to me "why cloudstack over AN Other
platform, I tend to say "because it works"

>> I really like the reusable #cloudstackworks for xyz
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Giles
>>
>> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
>> Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

clouds) #cloudsatckworks in China (when we talk about the new docs) #cloudstackworks with
PaaS (when we talk about a new company joining the community) #cloudstackworks in Budapest
(when we announce the next summit).

>> It doesn't go too far to attack anyone, but focuses on all of the successful deployments
that are out there.  Almost like a virtual high five.

>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Shannon Williams
>> shannon.williams@citrix.com
>> +1 650-521-6902

as well as the market validation of Apache CloudStack e.g.

>>> Apache CloudStack: The Cloud that just Works
>>>
>>> ...with all your apps
>>> ...with all your infrastructure
>>> ...with just an admin
>>> ...etc
>>>
>>> ...with enterprises
>>> ...with service providers
>>> ...in Government
>>> ...in Education
>>> ....in Europe
>>> ....in Japan
>>> ...etc...
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Krishna
>>>

>>> Krishna Subramanian
>>> VP Product Marketing, Cloud Platforms
>>> Citrix Systems, Inc
>>> krishnas@citrix.com
>>> 408.209.9483
>>> @cloudKrishna

CloudStack. As we talk about our products we also try to paint ACS as a strong foundation
for building a cloud in a variety of ways but in the interest of being succinct and consistent
across our project I think it would be good to have our standard battle cry or descriptor
to help reinforce why you should be considering ACS and help all the supporters of the project
reinforce our value. We have gravitated towards:

>>> Apache CloudStack: The Cloud that Just Works
>>>
>>> Based on the fact that you can get it up and running quickly and become productive
in a very short time. Does anyone have other ways they describe ACS?  What do you think about
the proposed message.

>>> Regards, Mark

incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered
trademark.