From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Survey & known user list
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 17:24:48 GMT
Just bumping this as I'd love to get it live today

What is the change control process on the website ? - can we just publish these changes?
- if it requires [vote] or [discuss] on here, can we  please do so !

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055

From: Giles Sirett [mailto:giles.sirett@gmail.com]
Sent: 27 June 2014 15:17
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Survey & known user list

All
This sort of combines 2 recent threads.

SURVEY
The ACS adoption survey I've been working on is just about complete.
Sebastien has embedded in the ACS website here
http://cloudstack.staging.apache.org/survey.html (only on staging)

KNOWN USER LIST
We've also taken the known user list that Sally has been working on and published it here:
http://cloudstack.staging.apache.org/users.html

Also notice the new top level menu item "Users"

Phase 2 would be to get a description of each company and their use & maybe categorise
them by company type
My plan is that we use the survey, ultimately, to drive the list of users (can automate or
not, that's not the important thing)

Since I published that list on SB.com , theres been a whole load of chatter on lnkedin/twitter
and I've had a few personal messages. Bascially, we have new users coming out of the woodwork.
I think seeing the names of others published is encouraging them to "talk" also
If possible, I would like to get these changes to the website live today to harness that chatter
to try and see if we can get people (who maybe wouldn't otherwise) to complete the survey