From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Announcing Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.1.0
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 13:42:52 GMT
Hello, everyone --a quick follow-up on this. As promised, below is the revised announcement
format for CloudStack-originating news.

I also have this in Word format if anyone's interested.

Thanks in advance for your help! I'm looking forward to working with you on the next project
announcement --is there anything coming up that we can start planning for? (Yes, I know there
are several events on the calendar...happy to help spread the word).

Chat soon,
Sally

= = =

Apache CloudStack™ Announces CloudMonkey v5.1.0

Command Line Interface Tool Simplifies CloudStack Configuration and Management
[DATELINE] —16 May 2014—Apache CloudStack, the mature, Open Source turnkey software platform
used for creating Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud computing in private-, public-,
and hybrid cloud environments, today announced Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey v5.1.0, the latest
feature release of its command line interface tool.
CloudMonkey is written in Python, and can be used both as an interactive shell and as a command
line tool which simplifies CloudStack c5onfiguration and management. Features include:
-	API Discovery using sync feature, with build time API precaching for failsafe sync
-	Raw API execution support
-	Reverse search using Ctrl+R
-	Emacs-compatible keybindings
-	Pipeable output
-	Unix shell execution
-	Support to handle asynchronous jobs using user defined blocking or non-blocking way
-	Tabular or JSON output with filtering of table columns
-	API parameter value completion
CloudMonkey v5.1.0 is the next feature release of the 5.x line (first released on 24 September
2013). Noteworthy improvements include support for:
-	version 3 of the CloudStack API signing procedure, adding security by preventing replay
attacks; and
-	session-based logins to CloudStack, simplifying initial bootstrap of the CLI
Apache CloudStack has become the Open Source platform for many service providers to set up
on-demand, elastic public cloud computing services, as well as enterprises to set up a private
or hybrid cloud for use by their own employees. In addition, CloudStack is available to individuals
and organizations that wish to study and implement an IaaS for personal, educational, and/or
production use.
Apache CloudStack users power billions of dollars' worth of business transactions annually
across their clouds.
CloudStack is in use/production at Alcatel-Lucent, ASG, Autodesk, BT Cloud, Bechtle AG, China
Telecom, Cloudera, DataPipe, Dell, Digital China Advanced Systems, Disney, Edmunds.com, GreenQloud,
Hokkaido University, Huawei, IDC Frontier, Ikoula, Juniper Networks, KDDI, KT/Korea Telecom,
Kyuden Infocom, Kyushu University, LeaseWeb, MCPc, Microland Ltd, Nokia, NTT, NVision Group,
Orange, PPTV, Safe Swiss Cloud, Schuberg Philis, ShapeBlue, Shopzilla, Slovak Telekom, SolidFire
Storage, Stratosec, SunGard AS, Taiwan Mobile, Targus Technologies, Tata, Trader Media Group,
TrendMicro/TCloud Computing, TomTom, University of Melbourne, University of Sao Paolo, Verizon,
WebMD, Zenoss, and Zynga, among others.
CloudStack originated at Cloud.com, which was acquired by Citrix in 2011. CloudStack was submitted
to the Apache Incubator in April 2012 and graduated as an Apache Software Foundation Top-level
Project in March 2013.
Availability
CloudMonkey v5.1.0 is available immediately as a free download from http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html.
The latest Apache CloudStack release is v4.3.0, which reflects dozens of new features, bug
fixes, and documentation updates. As with all Apache products, Apache CloudStack software
is released under the Apache License v2.0.
Governance and Oversight
Apache CloudStack is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project.
A Project Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day operations, including
community development and product releases.
Get Involved!
Apache CloudStack welcomes contribution and community participation through mailing lists
as well as attending face-to-face MeetUps, developer trainings, and user events. Catch CloudStack
in action at the CloudStack Collaboration Conference, the official user/developer conference
of the Apache CloudStack community, taking place November 19-21, 2014, in tandem with ApacheCon
Europe. To register and for more information, visit http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudstack-collaboration-conference-europe
and follow conference updates at @CCCEU14 on Twitter.
About Apache CloudStack
Apache CloudStack is a mature, turnkey integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Open
Source software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and private cloud
environments. Hailed by Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack includes an intuitive
user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage infrastructure
resources. CloudStack entered the Apache Incubator in April 2012 and became an Apache Top-level
Project in March 2013. For downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache
CloudStack, visit http://cloudstack.apache.org/ and https://twitter.com/CloudStack
About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)
Apache products power half the Internet, exabytes of data, teraflops of operations, billions
of objects, and enhance the lives of countless users and developers world-wide. Established
in 1999 to shepherd, develop, and incubate Open Source innovations "The Apache Way", the ASF
oversees 170+ projects led by an all-volunteer community of over 400 individual Members and
3,500 Committers across six continents. For more information, visit http://www.apache.org/
or follow @TheASF on Twitter.
# # #
© The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", the Apache
CloudStack logo, and the Apache CloudStack Cloud Monkey logo are registered trademarks or
trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the property
of their respective owners.
Contacts
Apache CloudStack
[FULL NAME]
[telephone number with country code]
marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
The Apache Software Foundation
Sally Khudairi
+1 617 921 8656
press@apache.org

>________________________________

that it ended up in anyone’s inbox anyhow ;)

>>Mark
>>

>>Top-posted for the pleasure of Joe Brockmeier
>>yep I am feeling saucy today
>>

>>On May 21, 2014, at 11:51 AM, Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vittal@citrix.com>
wrote:

>>Yes, sure. CloudStack CloudMonkey is another release of the CloudStack project. We
just went through the release procedure for 5.1.0, and as part of the release procedure [1]
we send out ANNOUNCE to announce@ , marketing@ , dev@ and user@
>>>[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/2iNqAg
>>>
>>>From: Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com<mailto:sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>>
>>>Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 8:39 AM
>>>To: "marketing@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>"
<marketing@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>>
>>>Subject: Re: Announcing Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.1.0
>>>
>>>Wait --what is this?
>>>
>>>Did this go out somewhere?
>>>
>>>Please note that this is not an official ASF (Foundation) press release, and therefore
the ASF boilerplate and format should _not_ be used.

>>>Chiradeep, if you can kindly shed some light on this, I would appreciate it. I
can also help with creating a communications "kit of parts" that can be used specifically
for CloudStack-originating announcements etc.