From: Arjan Eriks [mailto:eriarjan@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 May 2014 08:29
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Cloud Computing World Series Awards 2014

Seb, Mark,

Another +1. Nevertheless be cautious. There are a lot of contests / awards / prize draws out there. Meaning that you could spend a lot of overhead time on these awards shows. Make sure you select the ones that you really want to win. Writing good cases, defending them for a jury takes a lot of effort.

Having that said, a nice cup above the fireplace is always something nice ;)

Rgds, Arjan

Sebastien Goasguen

12 May 2014 08:31

+1

Mark Hinkle

7 May 2014 05:44

One thing that we are lacking as a project is industry awards, I’d like to change this.

Since we don’t have a PR firm or other company submitting to awards programs on a regular basis I thought we (that means Karen and I) should start working on submitting for industry awards. Including the Infoworld BOSSIES and some others. Here’s one that is coming up and thought we’d fill out the form unless someone objects. If/when we win the show is in London maybe Giles and ShapeBlue crew could step up and receive the big trophy ;)

Regards, Mark

http://www.awardsintelligence.co.uk/blog/cloud-computing-world-series-awards-2014

Overview:
On the 17th June 2014 more than 8000 delegates from over 70 countries will gather in London for the Cloud World Forum - EMEA's leading cloud event. The 6th annual Cloud World Series Awards ceremony will take place at the end of day one. Competition for this year’s awards will be intense - The cloud industry is populated by a huge range of innovative firms and almost every week there are new entrants to the market.

If you are a cloud provider, large or small, this is an event you simply cannot afford to miss. The winners of the Cloud World Series Awards receive international media coverage and will undoubtedly gain a fair few customers. Entering the Cloud World Series is also the perfect way to recognise and celebrate the achievements of your staff from the past 12 months.

Deadline: Monday 19th May 2014

There are five categories in this year’s Cloud Computing World Series Awards:
Best Cloud Service
Best Cloud Application
Best Cloud Platform
Best Cloud Security Solution
Best Cloud Data Centre & Storage Solution

IaaS Cloud Design & Build
CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework
CloudStack Consulting
CloudStack Infrastructure Support
CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.