From Mark Hinkle <Mark.Hin...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Introduction; assistance with CloudStack outreach
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 16:00:01 GMT
Sally,

Your email showed up over a week after the date you sent it. Don't think it was ignored, hopefully
this reply will hit our list in a much more timely manner though since you're cc'd you get
my response crossing my fingers someone else will as well.

- There is no boilerplate for Apache CloudStack you'd be the only one able to do press releases
AFAIK but if you want something I'd be glad to have a draft and circulate it for discussion
if that helps.
- We have a bunch of case studies and they are growing slowly you can find them here - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Case+Studies

Partners?

One of my many pet peeves how would someone partner with an Apache project when everyone acts
as an individual?  These are the technologies and people that do a lot to support the project
it's not even close to being all inclusive:

- ShapeBlue - Consulting
- Hostbill
- SolidFire Storage
- Juniper Networks - Contrail Integration
- Red Hat (Ceph(led by ON24) and Gluster) NetApp - Storage Integration
- OpenDaylight Integration - Lead by Schuberg Philis
- Trend Micro/TCloud Computing
- Scalr - Hybrid Cloud Management
- Zenoss - Monitoring plugins
- SwiftStack - S3 Object Store built on OpenStack
- Most of the Citrix Cloud Partners aslo support Apache CloudStack - http://www.citrix.com/buy/citrix-cloud-advisors.html

Five Word Descriptor

Simple Cloud Computing Solution

Competitive Solutions

Eucalyptus, VMware vCloud, OpenStack (specifically OpenStack Compute, we integrate with OpenStack
storage)

How is CloudStack Better

Less breadth and focused on providing a quick, easy turnkey cloud solution, easy to integrate
other technologies, beautiful User Interface(UI) to delegate and create self-service offerings,
Java, Scalable (Production instances with greater than 40,000 hosts), User-led development
(VPs of ACS have both been users not vendors)

Regards, Mark

On May 18, 2014, at 12:43 PM, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com<mailto:sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>>