From ilya musayev <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: OpenStack OR CloudStack
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 21:57:22 GMT
Hossein,

So i was exactly in the same boat as you are. I had bunch of people in
my previous company scream - why are we going CloudStack if OpenStack is
a "standard". No one of those folks actually understood the difference
between the two. If i'd have installed cloudstack and change the logo to
openstack - they would not have known the difference.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.cloudstack.devel/10158

We also had a bake off earlier, OpenStack VS CloudStack. We had 2
systems guys eager to implement the private cloud, one linux python
expert and another windows system admin who barely had any linux
experience.

Two weeks later, the python guy failed to deliver a POC cloud on
OpenStack, while windows engineer delivered CloudStack in 1 day. I took
over the infrastructure from then on.

You have to decide whats right for you. Do you have a budget and team of
developers to maintain your cloud infrastructure on openstack? Are you
in business of running and maintaining infrastructure? There is a reason
why Verizon Terramark, Nokia, AutoDesk, Disney, BT, Tata Communications,
Korea Telecom and 200+ known companies in addition to 300+ companies who
dont disclose their usage of CloudStack.

The truth on the winning platform remains to be seen. There is an open
cloud standard - where everything must be decoupled and fault tolerant -
an AWS concept, as to what underlying cloud stack you use - will become
irrelevant in near future.

Try both platforms and see what happens.

Regards
ilya