From Chip Childers <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenStack OR CloudStack
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 14:07:01 GMT
On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 09:15:13AM -0400, Aaron Delp wrote:
> Take a look at this video I did. In this context vCloud = Old Apps,
> OpenStack or AWS = New Apps, CloudStack = Both Types of applications in
> different availability zones.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guw2n8XceLg

+1 to what Aaron said, with the further reiteration that you shouldn't
consider CloudStack to be "like vCloud".  Instead, think of it as a
software system that can handle the spectrum of application / cloud
styles that fall between "legacy virtualization" through to "cloud
native" style workloads.

It all depends on how the cloud's operator has chosen to design the
infrastructure environment(s) and how they have configured CloudStack to
offer services (ex: VM high availability or no VM high availability).