From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Cloud Computing World Series Awards 2014
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 07:40:35 GMT
Yes, I've been involved in these things before. They do present a great chance for coverage
but they do soak up time.

However, Mark if you and Karen are happy to put in that initial legwork, I can round up a
crew to be at this event and accept on behalf of the project

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055

From: Arjan Eriks [mailto:eriarjan@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 May 2014 08:29
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Cloud Computing World Series Awards 2014

Seb, Mark,

Another +1. Nevertheless be cautious. There are a lot of contests / awards / prize draws out
there. Meaning that you could spend a lot of overhead time on these awards shows. Make sure
you select the ones that you really want to win. Writing good cases, defending them for a
jury takes a lot of effort.

Having that said, a nice cup above the fireplace is always something nice ;)

Rgds, Arjan

[cid:image001.jpg@01CF6DBD.B5A7BFF0]
Sebastien Goasguen<mailto:runseb@gmail.com>
12 May 2014 08:31

+1
[cid:image001.jpg@01CF6DBD.B5A7BFF0]
Mark Hinkle<mailto:Mark.Hinkle@citrix.com>
7 May 2014 05:44
One thing that we are lacking as a project is industry awards, I'd like to change this.

Since we don't have a PR firm or other company submitting to awards programs on a regular
basis I thought we (that means Karen and I) should start working on submitting for industry
awards. Including the Infoworld BOSSIES and some others. Here's one that is coming up and
thought we'd fill out the form unless someone objects. If/when we win the show is in London
maybe Giles and ShapeBlue crew could step up and receive the big trophy ;)

Regards, Mark

http://www.awardsintelligence.co.uk/blog/cloud-computing-world-series-awards-2014

Overview:
On the 17th June 2014 more than 8000 delegates from over 70 countries will gather in London
for the Cloud World Forum - EMEA's leading cloud event. The 6th annual Cloud World Series
Awards ceremony will take place at the end of day one. Competition for this year's awards
will be intense - The cloud industry is populated by a huge range of innovative firms and
almost every week there are new entrants to the market.

If you are a cloud provider, large or small, this is an event you simply cannot afford to
miss. The winners of the Cloud World Series Awards receive international media coverage and
will undoubtedly gain a fair few customers. Entering the Cloud World Series is also the perfect
way to recognise and celebrate the achievements of your staff from the past 12 months.

Deadline: Monday 19th May 2014

There are five categories in this year's Cloud Computing World Series Awards:
Best Cloud Service
Best Cloud Application
Best Cloud Platform
Best Cloud Security Solution
Best Cloud Data Centre & Storage Solution