From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Introduction; assistance with CloudStack outreach
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 16:30:46 GMT
Thanks for this, Mark.

Understood; the hiccup with the Apache mail servers caused quite a bit of back up. Some messages
have yet to clear the queue.

The information below is fantastic. I'll get cracking on this, along with the pointers from
Sebastien.

I appreciate your following up and will be back with any questions.

Kind regards,
Sally

Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>

hopefully this reply will hit our list in a much more timely manner though since you're cc'd
you get my response crossing my fingers someone else will as well.

>- There is no boilerplate for Apache CloudStack you'd be the only one able to do press
releases AFAIK but if you want something I'd be glad to have a draft and circulate it for
discussion if that helps.
>- We have a bunch of case studies and they are growing slowly you can find them here - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Case+Studies
>

>Partners?
>

>One of my many pet peeves how would someone partner with an Apache project when everyone
acts as an individual?  These are the technologies and people that do a lot to support the
project it's not even close to being all inclusive:

>- ShapeBlue - Consulting
>- Hostbill
>- SolidFire Storage
>- Juniper Networks - Contrail Integration
>- Red Hat (Ceph(led by ON24) and Gluster) NetApp - Storage Integration
>- OpenDaylight Integration - Lead by Schuberg Philis
>- Trend Micro/TCloud Computing
>- Scalr - Hybrid Cloud Management
>- Zenoss - Monitoring plugins
>- SwiftStack - S3 Object Store built on OpenStack
>- Most of the Citrix Cloud Partners aslo support Apache CloudStack - http://www.citrix.com/buy/citrix-cloud-advisors.html
>

>Five Word Descriptor
>

>Simple Cloud Computing Solution
>

>Competitive Solutions
>

>Eucalyptus, VMware vCloud, OpenStack (specifically OpenStack Compute, we integrate with
OpenStack storage)

>How is CloudStack Better
>

>Less breadth and focused on providing a quick, easy turnkey cloud solution, easy to integrate
other technologies, beautiful User Interface(UI) to delegate and create self-service offerings,
Java, Scalable (Production instances with greater than 40,000 hosts), User-led development
(VPs of ACS have both been users not vendors)

>Regards, Mark
>

>On May 18, 2014, at 12:43 PM, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>Hi folks --just making sure my message got through; there have been some hiccups with
the Apache mail servers over the past week.

>>Is someone available to help me with my request below?
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>>Sally
>>

>>________________________________

Software Foundation, and have been overseeing the ASF's publicly-facing initiatives since
its incorporation 15 years ago.

>>>I understand that CloudStack is one of the small handfuls of Apache projects with
dedicated individuals who are focused on marketing the project. This is a Very Good Thing.
Your efforts are much needed and appreciated. Thank you!

>>>I've subscribed to this list to become better acquainted with your day-to-day
activities, as well as to liaise with any opportunities for Apache CloudStack from the Foundation
level. The interest in Project-specific marketing is slowly growing and I'd love
 to be able to point to CloudStack as one of our success stories.

>>>To that end, please let me know if there any specific issues that require my attention,
as well as any project milestones where we can dovetail our efforts in helping get the word
out.

>>>For my edification, and to bolster my outreach activities, if you can please provide
(or point me to) the following, that would be of help:

>>> - Apache CloudStack boilerplate --is there more than one version? Who owns this
editorially?
>>> - How we use it --demonstrate deployments of CloudStack that can be presented
publicly. Do we have any whitepapers? Use cases?
>>> - Partners --testimonials, presentations from those who use CloudStack across
different use cases/perspectives: software provider, service provider, end-user

>>> - What does CloudStack mean to you? --5 word descriptors
>>>
>>> - How is CloudStack better than other solutions? --who are the other players,
both usual suspects as well as up-and-comers

& Publicity list at press@apache.org or directly to sk@apache.org