From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introduction; assistance with CloudStack outreach
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 16:28:22 GMT
Thanks so much, Sebastien.

We've had that issue with the ASF mail servers a week ago, and so I wanted to make sure that
I wasn't kicked off the list or my messages weren't stuck in moderation for some reason.

I appreciate the pointers below, and will get started on pulling some speaking points together.

Cheers & chat soon,
Sally

>________________________________

with the Apache mail servers over the past week.

>>> Is someone available to help me with my request below?
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Sally

The Apache Software Foundation, and have been overseeing the ASF's publicly-facing initiatives
since its incorporation 15 years ago.

with dedicated individuals who are focused on marketing the project. This is a Very Good Thing.
Your efforts are much needed and appreciated. Thank you!

activities, as well as to liaise with any opportunities for Apache CloudStack from the Foundation
level. The interest in Project-specific marketing is slowly growing and I'd love to be able
to point to CloudStack as one of our success stories.

my attention, as well as any project milestones where we can dovetail our efforts in helping
get the word out.

provide (or point me to) the following, that would be of help:

>The community, so no-one in particular. Since you are joining this list, you are welcome
to take it on :)

publicly. Do we have any whitepapers? Use cases?

>We have a few case studies but definitely need more, any help with that would be great:
>
>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Case+Studies
>
>In general, I think this group as struggle with being respectful of the apache trademarks
and promoting our use cases of cloudstack. For instance there was some discussions earlier
that we should put the case study on the wiki and not on the website because it would imply
that we endorse the company using cloudstack.

>Any help clearing out the trademark guidelines and how we can help our users and ourselves
would be great.

across different use cases/perspectives: software provider, service provider, end-user

>loads of it here:
>https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU2OcwpQkYCyPx_cwJxyOK0YKSM86Mj9n

>A bunch of java that tries to create an ec2 clone (…long day…)

both usual suspects as well as up-and-comers

>openstack, eucalyptus, opennebula, ganeti….vcloud director (proprietary).
>
>But basically openstack, we are getting hammered because Apache has no promotion/marketing
program or resources (except you) to help it's projects. Openstack is a ~$10M marketing foundation.

Marketing & Publicity list at press@apache.org or directly to sk@apache.org