From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: logo usage request
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 07:53:32 GMT
Thanks David

Reading our copy, I see your point.
We can change that wording

FYI, I did check
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

However, from what I could see, theres no mention on that page of marketing materials.
They're only mentioned on the FAQ page

It may be worth  linking direct to the FAQ page from the ACS trademark page as well as the
main TM page ?

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nalley [mailto:david@gnsa.us]
Sent: 01 April 2014 23:37
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: logo usage request

Hi Giles:

Keep in mind the project's trademark guidelines are additive to the foundations guidelines.
They have a specific answer to this question:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#integrateswith

In short, I don't see a problem with your logo usage.

A couple of other comments/nits. You have the TM symbol after CloudStack - this should be
the registered TM symbol as CloudStack is a registered TM.

You may want to get a second opinion on this; I am sleep deprived at the moment but this seems
at odds with the ASF's trademark guidelines.
You have this sentence in your copy: "ShapeBlue are active members of the Apache CloudStack
project"

Shapeblue itself has no relationship with the project even though several employees are committers.
The trademark guidelines section I linked to above have the following:
Ensure that your website and marketing materials do not imply ASF endorsement or the affiliation
of your products, services, or organization with ASF.

--David