From Chris REID <ch...@pointgreen.biz>
Subject Barriers to awareness
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 11:51:36 GMT
All,

I just thought I'd share a conversation I've had with the organisers of
 Cloud World Forum.

As I'm down to attend, the guy rings asking about Pointgreen and if we want
to exhibit/sponsor the show. I politely decline, but then ask would the
show not benefit from say a 'Cloudstack' presentation, to which the
response is 'they'll have to pay'.

I'd explain this is Apache Open Source community offering, but the guy wont
budge, rules are rules, even though the benefit to the audience could be
significant.

Question is, how do you educate folks, especially in the Enterprise market,
if forums like this are closed due to cost?

Chris

*Chris Reid*

Head - Infrastructure and Cloud Business Unit

   -  uk.linkedin.com/pub/chris-reid/0/90b/b0a

Mob: +44 7703 50 32 34
chris@pointgreen.biz <http://patrick@pointgreen.biz/>
SKYPE chris.reidyork