From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: logo usage request
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 22:36:35 GMT
Hi Giles:

Keep in mind the project's trademark guidelines are additive to the
foundations guidelines. They have a specific answer to this question:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#integrateswith

In short, I don't see a problem with your logo usage.

A couple of other comments/nits. You have the TM symbol after
CloudStack - this should be the registered TM symbol as CloudStack is
a registered TM.

You may want to get a second opinion on this; I am sleep deprived at
the moment but this seems at odds with the ASF's trademark guidelines.
You have this sentence in your copy: "ShapeBlue are active members of
the Apache CloudStack project"

Shapeblue itself has no relationship with the project even though
several employees are committers. The trademark guidelines section I
linked to above have the following:
Ensure that your website and marketing materials do not imply ASF
endorsement or the affiliation of your products, services, or
organization with ASF.

--David