From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Barriers to awareness
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 12:27:56 GMT
Chris
I wouldn't get too downbeat about it
Events like CWF are pay to play and always have been

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541<tel:+44%2020%203603%200541> | M: +44 796 111 2055<tel:+44%20796%20111%202055>

On 14 Apr 2014, at 05:52, "Chris REID" <chris@pointgreen.biz<mailto:chris@pointgreen.biz>>
wrote:

All,

I just thought I'd share a conversation I've had with the organisers of  Cloud World Forum.

As I'm down to attend, the guy rings asking about Pointgreen and if we want to exhibit/sponsor
the show. I politely decline, but then ask would the show not benefit from say a 'Cloudstack'
presentation, to which the response is 'they'll have to pay'.

I'd explain this is Apache Open Source community offering, but the guy wont budge, rules are
rules, even though the benefit to the audience could be significant.

Question is, how do you educate folks, especially in the Enterprise market, if forums like
this are closed due to cost?

Chris

Chris Reid

Head - Infrastructure and Cloud Business Unit

  *

uk.linkedin.com/pub/chris-reid/0/90b/b0a<http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/chris-reid/0/90b/b0a>

Mob: +44 7703 50 32 34
chris@pointgreen.biz<http://patrick@pointgreen.biz/>