From Hugo Trippaers <h...@apache.org>
Subject Coverity report 2013
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 08:25:10 GMT
Hey all,

The coverity scan report 2013 is available (http://softwareintegrity.coverity.com/register-for-scan-report-2013.html)
and CloudStack is mentioned in this report. We stand out because of our relatively high number
of findings, 6.96 per 1000 lines of code.

A dutch magazine picked it up (http://www.automatiseringgids.nl/nieuws/2014/16/coverity-scan-report-kwaliteit-van-open-source-omhoog)
commenting on the fact that CloudStack is a negative exception compared to the overal average
of 2.33 issues per 1000 lines of code for java projects. I commented on the article after
checking the details of our coverity scans. At least 60% of those findings are related to
unused functions or unused variables for example, which have no impact on functionality or
security.

If anybody needs any feedback or details on this report, let me know and i can provide the
necessary insights in the coverity scan results.

Cheers,

Hugo

P.S. If anybody has some spare developer capacity, there is work to be done ;-)