From Reuven Cohen <reuven.co...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Barriers to awareness
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 16:00:48 GMT
I can't write it because of conflicts of interest and I doubt BenK will help our cause. We
could try Louis Columbus st Forbes? What's the angle?

rUv

From: Giles Sirett [giles.sirett@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2014 11:58 AM
To: <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Barriers to awareness

Agree with all your points ruv
A positive  article on Forbes would help too :-)

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541<tel:+44%2020%203603%200541> | M: +44 796 111 2055<tel:+44%20796%20111%202055>

On 14 Apr 2014, at 16:47, "Reuven Cohen" <reuven.cohen@citrix.com<mailto:reuven.cohen@citrix.com>>
wrote:

Guerilla marketing tactics. We need to act like insurgents. Our target is that other open
source stack.

I'd say the most obvious tactic would be to colocate our events rather than attempting to
create a primary draw.

On the marketing front, our best bet is to get our customers and or users to be our advocates.
This involves us actually reaching out and helping them do this with an orchestrated campaign
to bring broader awareness.

@rUv