From Mark Hinkle <Mark.Hin...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [MARKETING] Adding a prominent "Who uses CloudStack" link
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 02:24:17 GMT
I agree with pushing this to the front page of CloudStack.apache.org<http://CloudStack.apache.org>(maybe
linking back to a wiki page).

The banner that is on Basho.com<http://Basho.com> works well. It’s not obnoxious but
refreshes a ton of logos and you could make it inclusive of all users who choose to go public.
See
http://basho.com/

Also on the point of the CloudStack.a.o home page, it really needs an update  It’s looking
a little bleak right now. The announcements box is empty and the huge logo is the only thing
above the fold. I know Chip chipped in(I love puns) to redo the home page last year but I
really think it could use a new refresh with logos and maybe some other information.  Right
now going to A.S.O isn’t a big confidence builder  as a prospective. I don’t have the
skills personally to update the crazy Apache CMS but I’d be glad to work with someone to
do this or if someone has the time and needs the money. I’d be happy to help fund someone’s
time to help do this at a bare minimum our home page should be updated soon probably some
other areas too if we poked around.

+1 for the idea of highlighting of complimentary technologies on c.a.o. too.

Mark

P.S. Top posted for Joe Brockmeier’s viewing pleasure

On Apr 29, 2014, at 1:00 PM, Chip Childers <chipchilders@apache.org<mailto:chipchilders@apache.org>>