From ilya musayev <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coverity report 2013
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:51:01 GMT
Hugo,

No worries, most of cant read it anyway :)

Regards
ilya
On 4/17/14, 4:25 AM, Hugo Trippaers wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> The coverity scan report 2013 is available (http://softwareintegrity.coverity.com/register-for-scan-report-2013.html)
and CloudStack is mentioned in this report. We stand out because of our relatively high number
of findings, 6.96 per 1000 lines of code.

> A dutch magazine picked it up (http://www.automatiseringgids.nl/nieuws/2014/16/coverity-scan-report-kwaliteit-van-open-source-omhoog)
commenting on the fact that CloudStack is a negative exception compared to the overal average
of 2.33 issues per 1000 lines of code for java projects. I commented on the article after
checking the details of our coverity scans. At least 60% of those findings are related to
unused functions or unused variables for example, which have no impact on functionality or
security.

> If anybody needs any feedback or details on this report, let me know and i can provide
the necessary insights in the coverity scan results.