From "Kristoffer Sheather @ CloudCentral" <kristoffer.sheat...@cloudcentral.com.au>
Subject re: Barriers to awareness
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 12:05:27 GMT
You can't convince a man about that which he is not incented to believe.
This probably isn't the droid you were looking for.

 Regards,

Kristoffer Sheather
Cloud Central
Scale Your Data Center In The Cloud
Phone: 1300 144 007 | Mobile: +61 414 573 130 | Email:
kris@cloudcentral.com.au
LinkedIn:   | Skype: kristoffer.sheather | Twitter:
http://twitter.com/kristofferjon

 From: "Chris REID" <chris@pointgreen.biz>
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2014 7:52 PM
To: "marketing cloudstack" <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Barriers to awareness
 All,
 I just thought I'd share a conversation I've had with the organisers of
Cloud World Forum.

 As I'm down to attend, the guy rings asking about Pointgreen and if we
want to exhibit/sponsor the show. I politely decline, but then ask would
the show not benefit from say a 'Cloudstack' presentation, to which the
response is 'they'll have to pay'.

 I'd explain this is Apache Open Source community offering, but the guy
wont budge, rules are rules, even though the benefit to the audience could
be significant.

 Question is, how do you educate folks, especially in the Enterprise
market, if forums like this are closed due to cost?

 Chris

        Chris Reid

 Head - Infrastructure and Cloud Business Unit
   	 	 		uk.linkedin.com/pub/chris-reid/0/90b/b0a

 Mob: +44 7703 50 32 34
chris@pointgreen.biz
SKYPE chris.reidyork