From Chip Childers <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MARKETING] Adding a prominent "Who uses CloudStack" link
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 13:22:55 GMT
On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 02:24:17AM +0000, Mark Hinkle wrote:
> I agree with pushing this to the front page of CloudStack.apache.org<http://CloudStack.apache.org>(maybe
linking back to a wiki page).

> The banner that is on Basho.com<http://Basho.com> works well. It’s not obnoxious
but refreshes a ton of logos and you could make it inclusive of all users who choose to go
public. See
> http://basho.com/
>
> Also on the point of the CloudStack.a.o home page, it really needs an update  It’s
looking a little bleak right now. The announcements box is empty and the huge logo is the
only thing above the fold. I know Chip chipped in(I love puns) to redo the home page last
year but I really think it could use a new refresh with logos and maybe some other information.
 Right now going to A.S.O isn’t a big confidence builder  as a prospective. I don’t have
the skills personally to update the crazy Apache CMS but I’d be glad to work with someone
to do this or if someone has the time and needs the money. I’d be happy to help fund someone’s
time to help do this at a bare minimum our home page should be updated soon probably some
other areas too if we poked around.

> +1 for the idea of highlighting of complimentary technologies on c.a.o. too.

Yeah, I'm not a UI designer...  I just tried to make it suck a little
less.

FWIW, the blank box was because the ASF blogging site was offline for a
bit. I setup our page to pull from the posts there.

I'd LOVE to see someone with more skills step up and help here.

> Mark
>
> P.S. Top posted for Joe Brockmeier’s viewing pleasure

As one does to keep Joe happy. ;-)