From Chip Childers <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MARKETING] Adding a prominent "Who uses CloudStack" link
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 17:00:32 GMT
On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 04:52:19PM +0000, John Kinsella wrote:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=30744222

Perhaps we should consider making this more prominant...  and putting it
on our cloudstack.a.o site instead of the wiki.  An example of another
ASF project that highlights some of it's users is Mesos [1].  Hadoop has
a large page on their wiki [2].

We put it on the wiki, with the idea that anyone could add themselves.
This was in an attempt to be as neutral as possible.  That said, since
it now requires asking on dev@ for write access to the wiki, we could
effectively do the same thing with the webpage.  We could include a "how
to get listed here" mailto: link that forwards to marketing@cs.a.o.

> I think the thing is how to differentiate “prominent” users…

That's the hard part, but I think that we can figure out how to do this
in a way that rotates through logos...  or links through to a big page
with tons of logos...  or something similar.

I'd want to be careful about showing preference for one user or anther.

As an aside, perhaps we should consider something similar for projects
/ products that "integrate with" CloudStack?

-chip

[1] http://mesos.apache.org/
[2] https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy