From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Request: Help designing a 'powered by' logo for CloudStack
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:20:16 GMT
Karen and I had a chat about this at collab
As well as "powered by", are we able to do a "proud supporters of" logo ?

My logic is that many SP's don't want to actually say their infa is powered by any particular
software (it would be great if they did, but being pragmatic here) however they may go for
this altenrtive.

Also, "powered by" limits the logo to SP's - consultancies & SI's aren't really powered
by ACS

This *may* be something that needs to be discussed at a trademark level as, I guess, some
folks may feel that the word "supporter" may imply a relationship with the project

Thoughts, comments, ideas  ??

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055

From: ilya musayev [mailto:ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 April 2014 18:05
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Request: Help designing a 'powered by' logo for CloudStack

I dont have AI editor, but my 2 cents:

powered by - would probably look better lower cased, bold and a smaller in size - but more
widely spaced . Perhaps you can match the font similar to apachecloudstack.

another way to do this is to look at header image:

http://www.cloudsand.com/content/

I just realized my image is missing word Apache, though i do have a feather. Need to redo
it. :(( maybe i'll post some samples.