From Mark Hinkle <Mark.Hin...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: 4.3 features
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 23:55:01 GMT
Giles,

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if there are more current references(Zynga, Datapipe, ISWest)
to use but otherwise I suspect you guys are vetting on a private list (don’t see a public
link to marketing@apache) so double thrashing on two lists is probably not the most productive.

Regards, Mark

On Mar 15, 2014, at 7:15 AM, Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Mark
> Sally posted it on @ marketing
>
> Here's the text ( sorry, iPhone copy/paste)
>
> The
> Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ CloudStack™ v4.3
>
> Flexible,
> scalable, Open Source Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) used by
> organizations such as Zynga, Datapipe, and ISWest, among others, for
> creating, managing, and deploying public, private, and hybrid Cloud
> Computing environments.
>
> Forest
> Hill, MD –NN February 2014– The Apache Software Foundation
> (ASF), the all-volunteer developers, stewards, and incubators of
> nearly 150 Open Source projects and initiatives, today announced
> Apache CloudStack v4.3, the latest feature release of the CloudStack
> cloud orchestration platform.
>
> Apache
> CloudStack is an integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
> software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public,
> private, and hybrid cloud environments. CloudStack includes an
> intuitive user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute,
> networking, software, and storage infrastructure resources.
> CloudStack became an Apache Top-level Project (TLP) in March 2013.
>
> “We
> are proud to announce CloudStack v4.3,” said Chip Childers, Vice
> President of Apache CloudStack. “This release represents over five
> months of work from the Apache CloudStack community with many new and
> improved features.”
>
> Under
> The Hood
> CloudStack V4.3
> is the next feature release of the 4.x line which first released on
> November 6, 2012. Some of the noteworthy new and improved features
> include:
>    * Support for Microsoft Hyper-V - Apache CloudStack can now manage Hyper-V hypervisors
in addition to KVM, XenServer, VMware, LXC, and Bare Metal
>    * Juniper OpenContrail integration - OpenContrail is a software defined networking
controller from Juniper that CloudStack now integrates with to provide SDN service

>    * SSL Termination support for guest VMs - Apache CloudStack can configure and manage
SSL termination in certain load balancer devices

>    * Palo Alto Firewall integration - Apache CloudStack can now manage and configure
Palo Alto firewall

>    * Remote access VPN for VPC networks - CloudStack's remote access VPN is now available
for Virtual Private Cloud networks

>    * Site to Site VPN between VRs - CloudStack now allows site-to-site VPN connectivity
to it's virtual routing devices. This permits your cloud computing environment to appear as
a natural extension of your local network, or for you to easily interconnect multiple environments

>    * VXLAN support expansion to include KVM - CloudStack's support for integrating VXLAN,
the network virtualization technology that attempts to ameliorate scalability problems with
traditional networking
>    * Solidfire plugin extension to support KVM - Solidfire provides guaranteed Storage
Quality of Service at the Virtual Machine level
>    * Dynamic Compute offering - CloudStack now has the ability to dynamically scale the
resources assigned to a running virtual machine instance for those hypervisors which support
it

> Downloads
> and Documentation
> The
> official source code for the v4.3 release, as well as individual
> contributors' convenience binaries, can be downloaded from the Apache
> CloudStack downloads page athttp://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> Kind Regards
> Giles
>
> D: +44 20 3603 0541<tel:+44%2020%203603%200541> | M: +44 796 111 2055<tel:+44%20796%20111%202055>
> Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com<mailto:giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>
>
> On 14 Mar 2014, at 18:23, "Mark Hinkle" <Mark.Hinkle@citrix.com<mailto:Mark.Hinkle@citrix.com>>
wrote:

> Is there public list with a copy of the draft press release posted?
>
> Mark
>

> On Mar 14, 2014, at 10:08 AM, Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<mailto:giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>>
wrote:

> Guys
>
> I'm just comparing the press release that Sally put together for 4.3 with the list of
new 4.3 features from Jira.

> They don't match.
>
> This *could* (and is likely to be) my lack of understanding of some of the features and
their description  - but I wanted somebody cleverer than me just to validate that we've got
the right stuff on the press release