From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: linkedin group
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 18:54:15 GMT
Just sent this to the original managers
Will update here on progress

Hi guys

I'm writing about the CloudStack  Users group on linkedin.
I understand that you guys, along with Scott Lindars and Alicia Rey are the Managers of this
list  (Shannon, I think you're the actual owner)

We've just had a discussion on the Apache @marketing list and noticed recently that this community
had become overrun with recruiters, weight loss adverts, etc and runs the risk of becoming
a negative advertisement for the technology

This looks really bad (the group is still number 3 if you google "cloudstack user group" )
: it creates a pretty poor impression to the outside world.

Are you able to either arrange somebody to regularly moderate it or allow some of the ASF
members to also become moderators. I know the ASF PMC don't see this linkedin group as an
official group (and I guess it dates from cloud.com days) , but somebody needs to get hold
of it IMO.

I'm happy to help as is Antone Heywood and Kim White from Netapp

Let me know your thoughts

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com