From Radhika Puthiyetath <radhika.puthiyet...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [CLOUDSTACK-1001] Hyper-V Documentation for Review
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 15:04:50 GMT
Thanks Giles for understanding.

Purpose is just one: soliciting feedback. Yes, true that I had no time in hand to send across
three separate messages for the same purpose.

I did not never realize this would create so much chaos. I am stopping here.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Brockmeier [mailto:jzb@zonker.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:42 PM
To: Giles Sirett; marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Hrushikesh Ramachandrappa (h.ramachandrappa@lek.com)
Subject: Re: [CLOUDSTACK-1001] Hyper-V Documentation for Review

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014, at 07:34 AM, Giles Sirett wrote:
> However, there are (and always will be) situations where somebody
> needs to inform or seek feedback across lists: not everything fits
> into one of our 3 stovepipes

There may be exceptional situations that require this. *May* be.

e.g. - major security issue, perhaps - but we have an announce list for that. Notice that
a piece of critical infrastructure (website, wiki, mailing lists) will be down, sure.

Things that don't rise to that level: Requests to look at a patch; support requests; etc.

> I happen to subscribe to all 3, but I know there are many folks in
> this project who only watch @marketing. I really don't see the problem
> in Radhika seeking feedback on a key document release from a marketing
> perspective.  Its quite usual in many organisations for any "customer
> facing" documentation to have a once-over from the marketing team
> before release.

I do. There was no specific "hey, this needs attention from a marketing perspective" message
there. And if there *is* a need to get *specific marketing feedback* then send a *separate*
message with actual requests curtailed for that list.

I don't find the "no time to send three seperate mail" excuse compelling, either. You're essentially
telling every subscribe to these lists that your time is more valuable than theirs by cross-posting.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier