From Mark Hinkle <Mark.Hin...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: linkedin group
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 19:15:50 GMT
Giles,

That’s a little dramatic unless you see something I don’t . There were some spam posts
over the last three days. Sorry no one jumped on that right away. I deleted four posts and
blocked the main spammer. that’s hardly overrun.I typically delete spam weekly when I get
my email update from LinkedIn.

> We've just had a discussion on the Apache @marketing list and noticed recently that this
community had become overrun with recruiters, weight loss adverts, etc and runs the risk of
becoming a negative advertisement for the technology

If anyone wants to step up and help moderate the group please feel free to request access
through LinkedIn I am happy to grant access to anyone who is active here to do so. I just
changed your role and Chip’s role to group manager so you can make anyone you want a moderator
or manager.

If you want to make it a committer thing too that’s fine. I just hope that the activity
doesn’t drop off like it did with the CloudStack Twitter account.

Mark

On Jan 6, 2014, at 1:54 PM, Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Just sent this to the original managers
> Will update here on progress
>
> Hi guys
>
> I'm writing about the CloudStack  Users group on linkedin.
> I understand that you guys, along with Scott Lindars and Alicia Rey are the Managers
of this list  (Shannon, I think you're the actual owner)

> We've just had a discussion on the Apache @marketing list and noticed recently that this
community had become overrun with recruiters, weight loss adverts, etc and runs the risk of
becoming a negative advertisement for the technology

> This looks really bad (the group is still number 3 if you google "cloudstack user group"
) : it creates a pretty poor impression to the outside world.

> Are you able to either arrange somebody to regularly moderate it or allow some of the
ASF members to also become moderators. I know the ASF PMC don't see this linkedin group as
an official group (and I guess it dates from cloud.com days) , but somebody needs to get hold
of it IMO.