From Mark Hinkle <Mark.Hin...@citrix.com>
Subject Fwd: CloudStack Collaboration Conference North America 2014
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 00:30:06 GMT
Hello,

The next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will be held in Denver on April 9-11. This will
be held immediately after ApacheCon North America. The idea being that having a CloudStack
event with the main Apache conference may help interactions between CloudStack and other projects.
Also the ASF has signed up with the Linux Foundation to produce ApacheCon and the CloudStack
PMC has also supported the Linux Foundation along with the ASF to produce the  CloudStack
Collab to help drive economies of scale for both conferences and leverage their experience
running open source conferences.

Angela Brown is the Linux Foundation is the event director(Cc'd here). I believe that this
will allow the community to focus on the content/promoting the conference  and allow the Linux
Foundation to handle the more mundane details like acquiring space, sponsors, refreshments
and a/v. I can tell you from experience that they run a top notch event and I am sure that
Angela will be happy to work with us to make this event (though I will say the CCCEU13 really
raised the bar for an event). I believe she is looking for volunteers for a program committee
much as we did for Amsterdam so feel free to contact her if you are interested in helping.

For those running the old CloudStack Collab site, I propose changing the URL to CCCEU13.cloudstackcollab.org<http://CCCEU13.cloudstackcollab.org>
so we can preserve the old content and then point www.cloudstackcollab.org<http://www.cloudstackcollab.org>
to the new site hosted by the Linux Foundation(http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudstack-collaboration-conference-north-america).
I think Hugo owns the infrastructure for the last site so if there is no objections I would
just add the DNS entry and I'll make the updates.

Regards, Mark

Begin forwarded message: