From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [CLOUDSTACK-1001] Hyper-V Documentation for Review
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 14:12:01 GMT
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014, at 07:34 AM, Giles Sirett wrote:
> However, there are (and always will be) situations where somebody needs
> to inform or seek feedback across lists: not everything fits  into one of
> our 3 stovepipes

There may be exceptional situations that require this. *May* be.

e.g. - major security issue, perhaps - but we have an announce list for
that. Notice that a piece of critical infrastructure (website, wiki,
mailing lists) will be down, sure.

Things that don't rise to that level: Requests to look at a patch;
support requests; etc.

> I happen to subscribe to all 3, but I know there are many folks in this
> project who only watch @marketing. I really don't see the problem in
> Radhika seeking feedback on a key document release from a marketing
> perspective.  Its quite usual in many organisations for any "customer
> facing" documentation to have a once-over from the marketing team before
> release.

I do. There was no specific "hey, this needs attention from a marketing
perspective" message there. And if there *is* a need to get *specific
marketing feedback* then send a *separate* message with actual requests
curtailed for that list.

I don't find the "no time to send three seperate mail" excuse
compelling, either. You're essentially telling every subscribe to these
lists that your time is more valuable than theirs by cross-posting.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier