From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: linkedin group
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 17:42:39 GMT
On Mon, Jan 6, 2014, at 07:27 AM, Giles Sirett wrote:
> Happy new year all

Happy New Year right back at ya!

> Who is the admin/moderator for the CloudStack Users Group on linkedin ?

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/CloudStack-Users-Group-3144859/about

Owner: Shannon Williams
Managers: Karen Vuong, Peder Ulander, Alicia Rey, Scott Lindars, Mark
Hinkle

> I've noticed recently that this group seems to have descended  into a
> blur of adverts for new jobs and weight loss  pills. (no comments please
> about me answering either of those)

Argh, spammers.

It takes way too much time to manage these things effectively. Same with
forums. Things like Twitter are great because you have less opportunity
for spammers to try to use the platform. They can @reply you, but that's
about all.

> I know that no serious technical discussion happens in this group  but it
> is a shop window for ACS and we do see a few newbies coming in this way

IIRC we decided a while back that this group was not "official" and left
it up to the folks who'd started it to keep it healthy. Maybe one of the
managers could add you if you have some time to help weed out the spam?

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier