From Maren Hachmann <ma...@goos-habermann.de>
Subject Re: Logo / Name usage
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 18:53:42 GMT

@Sebastien: Thank you, I will send the request to that email address
than :-)

@Giles: I would also support that idea, of course ;-)

Happy Christmas time to all! And a happy time to those who don't
celebrate Christmas!

Maren

Am 09.12.2013 09:59, schrieb Giles Sirett:
> Hi Maren
>
> Pleased to hear that you guys are using ACS
> I see that Sebastien has already put you in touch with the PMC: sure
you will get some solid advice there.

> Your question is, however, timely. As you say, we've been recently
discussing a "powered by" logo.

> I was actually thinking recently that the words "powered by" may not
fit everybodys use-case (for example I know some ISV's who are
integrating ACS)

> So, @marketing folks: as an idea, could we have a number of different
options on the text of the "powered by" logo. For example:

> "Powered by"
> "Proud users of"
> "Iaas provided by"
> "Supports our intrastructure"
> Etc
> etc
>
> Kind Regards
> Giles
>
> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
> Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

which allows an administration of cloudstack vm's with m23 (create,
delete,...
> ) and use m23's functionalities for the vm's (install Linux systems,
update, backup....). Cloudstack is not and will not be included in m23.
> Users need to install their own and then enter their API key and such
to create clients in cloudstack from the m23 web interface.

> I couldn't find a mailing address for the Project Management
Committee, which is mentioned as the team responsible for brand
management, so I'm sending this request here.

> (How) Can we represent the fact that m23 now works with cloudstack
> a) on our website
> b) in the program itself
> c) on our marketing material (printed)?
>
> - From the last thread I understand that a 'powered by' logo is on the
way, but this is more a 'works with' kind of thing, as cloudstack is
only one little piece of a big cake.

> I looked here: http://cloudstack.apache.org/trademark-guidelines.html
> and here: http://cloudstack.apache.org/trademark-guidelines.html, and
from this I understand that we must ask for permission.

> Where will we have to add all those (TM)s and (R)s?
>
> Thank you!
>
>  Maren (m23 project)

Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither
take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone.
error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales.
ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is
operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil
Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated
under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.