From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: CloudStack Social Media
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 15:07:06 GMT
On Thu, Dec 19, 2013, at 08:44 AM, Chip Childers wrote:
> To be clear, twitter is currently David, Joe and myself.  Access is
> currently through Hootsuite, which I believe Citrix is paying for.
> David can perhaps share more about how many others we can give access
> to.

To be more clear:

Hootsuite is (I think) only David and Chip. I don't believe I have
access to Twitter any longer via Hootsuite for Twitter. I'm pretty sure
I still have admin access on Facebook since it doesn't require
Hootsuite.

As has been sent to the marketing list a few times in the past: The best
way to get something covered on Twitter/Facebook is to _send a request
to the marketing list_. To put it another way: It probably WILL NOT be
covered if you don't explicitly ask that it be mentioned in social
media.

Ideally:

Send a note to the marketing list with the subject [PROMOTE]: $event
name here

Event time, date, details, and link to sign-up page/website promoting
the event.

Suggested tweets. (e.g. "Hey, don't miss the upcoming CloudStack Meetup
in Death Valley, CA. /@randomguy will be presenting #foo on 30 February
2020.")

Link to blog post that can be used on Facebook to promote event.

Any additional details needed.

Thanks,

jzb
--