From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack in numbers
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 09:20:38 GMT
Anne-Claire,

To keep things simple, you can refer to Ohloh:
https://www.ohloh.net/p/CloudStack

This will give you:

4.2 Million line of code
169 contributors
~500 commits/month
~50 contributors/month

To that you can add:

71 apache committers (from http://cloudstack.apache.org/who.html )

From a survey we ran you can add:

275 production clouds (public or private)

From stats of our package repository:

109 countries
~20,000 unique IP downloads

From our mailing lists:
~150 contributors a month on both users@ and dev@
~60 companies a month (from email domains)
if you do some accumulation:
~1100 people participated on the mailing lists to date
~400 companies to date

All this data is public (but I wrote bunch of scripts to get the final numbers…), and of
course it is subject to many caveats and interpretation.

-Sebastien