From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Enforcement of the trademark
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:53:59 GMT
Speaking with no hats on at the moment. I think that this is likely
okay. They are noting that it's '$somesoftware FOR CloudStack - there
doesn't seem to be any indication that they distribute CloudStack.
We'd probably prefer they refer to CloudStack as Apache CloudStack at
least once, and perhaps have a link or TM acknowledgement, but I don't
think they are blatantly infringing our marks.

--David

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Mathias Mullins
<mathias.mullins@citrix.com> wrote:
> Ok so before we involve trademarks here, maybe someone can tell me about if we enforce
the trademark usage for Apache CloudStack when people are building something that works with
“CloudStack”?

> Example in point, "WHMCS module for CloudStack” is out there and references is several
times, but never references Apache at all. So is that important?