From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: Enforcement of the trademark
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 02:01:34 GMT
Don't think I saw a response to this yet -

ASF Legal has a web page[1] covering the thought process one should go through before reporting
branding issues to the ASF. If you feel you have a site/product/etc that is infringing on
the Apache CloudStack brand, drop the PMC a note at private@cloudstack.apache.org. We have
experience and templates to use when reaching out to organizations, along with a preferred
(polite) way to engage with folks.

If your'e in doubt about the guidelines, email the PMC.

John
1:http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/reporting.html

On Nov 21, 2013, at 10:53 AM, Mathias Mullins <mathias.mullins@citrix.com> wrote:

> Ok so before we involve trademarks here, maybe someone can tell me about if we enforce
the trademark usage for Apache CloudStack when people are building something that works with
“CloudStack”?

> Example in point, "WHMCS module for CloudStack” is out there and references is several
times, but never references Apache at all. So is that important?