From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: CloudStack MS on Windows - thoughts?
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 00:43:56 GMT

On Nov 20, 2013, at 4:26 PM, "Musayev, Ilya" <imusayev@webmd.net<mailto:imusayev@webmd.net>>
 wrote:

Geralyn has a good point. I don't think you can mix Azure PaaS and ACS IaaS. To best of my
knowledge,  Microsofts PaaS solution is not something you can implement in-house. Its a hosted
service by MS.

>From what I've read earlier this week, this is incorrect and is what has caught my interest.
MS now has a "Windows Azure Pack" which allows enterprises or service providers to provide
Azure services in their own environments[1].

I haven't dug in much past the glossies, but the question to be seen is can we run parts of
that on top of an ACS cloud. My guess is yes.

Anyways, I'll leave the tech convo off the marketing list and bring up on dev at the appropriate
time. Was just saying it looks like there's a possibility here, and if so it'd be a fun PR
stunt.

If we can team up with openshift and cloudify guys and do a joint cross marketing venture
it will help as well. Maybe plugins into each on application level or just set of videos on
how to run ACS and PaaS.

I poked a bit at the openshift dude when he was at CloudStack collab in Santa Clara, asking
what RH's plans were to work closer with ACS. The response was more or less "if you write
something so we integrate tighter, we'd love to see it."[2]

John
1: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/windows-azure-pack/
2: And make money off it.