From Arjan Eriks <eriar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pirate Monkey?
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 14:18:55 GMT
Guys,

I just joined the marketing list as co-organizer of the CCCEU13. And i
was involved in the logo design for the event as well (hence i recognize
the monkey on the pirate shirt).

I like the pirate design very much. It gives some feeling about
rebellion, being brave, different, funny, adventurous and such. A lot of
values you would like to have as an open source community. We are not
like the rest, we are making our own choices.

But for positioning CLoudStack as a top of the bill cloud product, that
plays a role next to OpenStack, AWS, Azure, IBM etc. etc.. I do not like
the monkey logo that much. It just feels too much like a comic book. A
lot of open source products are not chosen on a C level, but CloudStack
is. Imho it should look robust, mature, proven, open, global... and
maybe even 'enterprise' sometimes.

Really would like to hear your ideas on this. Thanks, Arjan