From Anne Claire Pourchasse <apourcha...@ikoula.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack in numbers
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 16:41:18 GMT
Hello Seb,

Many thanks for these numbers on CloudStack!!
If you have any other figures regarding CloudStack market, please let me know ;)

AC

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Sebastien Goasguen [mailto:runseb@gmail.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 1 novembre 2013 10:21
À : marketing@cloudstack.apache.org; Anne Claire Pourchasse
Objet : Re: CloudStack in numbers

Anne-Claire,

To keep things simple, you can refer to Ohloh:
https://www.ohloh.net/p/CloudStack

This will give you:

4.2 Million line of code
169 contributors
~500 commits/month
~50 contributors/month

To that you can add:

71 apache committers (from http://cloudstack.apache.org/who.html )

>From a survey we ran you can add:

275 production clouds (public or private)

>From stats of our package repository:

109 countries
~20,000 unique IP downloads

>From our mailing lists:
~150 contributors a month on both users@ and dev@
~60 companies a month (from email domains) if you do some accumulation:
~1100 people participated on the mailing lists to date
~400 companies to date

All this data is public (but I wrote bunch of scripts to get the final numbers.), and of course
it is subject to many caveats and interpretation.

-Sebastien