From Karen Vuong <karen.vu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Establish Cloudstack User Group in Turkey
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 21:48:33 GMT
Hi Vahric,

In addition to Radhika's advice of having regular meetups, it also helps to ask the audience
for their feedback on the session and what they would like to see at future meetups. John
Kinsella does a great job by doing this with our CloudStack Bay Area Users Group. He will
usually ask the audience after the meetup by giving them the opportunity to raise their hands
and give us their feedback. Another way is to post the question on the discussion board of
your meetup group.

I also found that sending reminders of an upcoming meetup to your members is helpful. With
the busy schedules of attendees, many of them can easily forget :)

We started off with an Intro to CloudStack meetup (http://www.meetup.com/CloudStack-SF-Bay-Area-Users-Group/events/103725962/),
then led into storage and a hands-on hacking session (which was very popular). You'll need
at least 3-4 people running around the room answering their questions and giving advice during
this session.

We hold regular meetups every 45 days or so and if you have one scheduled, feel free to email
this list with a link to your upcoming CloudStack meetup so that community members with credentials
to the Apache CloudStack social media channels can promote.

One other idea is to take pictures of your meetups and post them in the photos section of
your meetup group. I think members love seeing the action and it creates an inviting feel
to new members.

Hope this helps! There's still a lot for us to learn as well but it's quite fun and you will
start seeing repeat attendees and getting to know them :)

Best regards,

Karen