From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Powered By Logo
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:34:15 GMT
All

I'm really not a big fan of using the monkey for this.
The monkey is fun and interesting in the community context but if I had a public cloud or
product powered by ACS, I wouldn't want to put that on my website.

IMO the concept of "powered by" needs to get over a message  of reliability, safe tech, etc
 - I don't think the monkey does that. Also, it has to be a logo that people will want to
use on their sites. The monkey may be a bit too much fun for that

Now -everybody will say - "what would you use instead" - I'm not full of ideas, but I think
the standard ACS text only logo with a "powered by" tagline would be more widley used.

Alternatively, something like these:
http://forums.auroraos.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2030
With those, we could still have Mr Monkey, but he would be slightly diluted.

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com