From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Can the project use the Monkey Face Logo from the last Collab Conference?
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 14:38:28 GMT
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com>wrote:

> Sonny,
>
> One of the things that trademarks@ has asked us to do, is to create a
> "powered by" logo for the project.  I've been thinking that it would be
> really neat to use the monkey "head" logo that you created for the
> conference in santa clara as the inside of a "circle" style logo, with
> the words "Powered By Apache CloudStack" wrapping around it.
>
> Would you be willing to donate that design to the project, so that we
> could use it for this (and other) purposes?  If so, would you be able to
> send me (directly, as the list strips attachments) the source vector
> art?
>
> I'm a big fan of that specific treatment of the monkey, and I think that
> it's distinct enough from the other monkey (put on our new homepage) to
> work well for the "powered by" use case.
>
> If you're not willing, no harm / foul!  I'll work on something myself
> and see if I can get a good enough look to it.
>
> -chip

BTW - I was thinking about something similar to this:
http://www.chipchilders.com/storage/poweredby.png

That's a really ugly version, but I just wanted to get people's thoughts.
 I think we'd need to eliminate the text that colors the monkey face, and
instead substitute solid colors within those objects, and obviously improve
the fonts for the text / etc...