From Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Ch...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Can the project use the Monkey Face Logo from the last Collab Conference?
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 17:12:50 GMT
Hello Chip,

No problem. Below you'll find a link to the monkey head in ai, eps, and pdf format.   Feel
free to do as you wish.

http://schhen.com/cs/CloudMonkey.head.zip

Thanks You and Best Regards,

Sonny H. Chhen
Manager of User Interface & User Experience | Citrix Systems - CloudPlatform
4988 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA  95054, USA

From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 7:38 AM
To: Sonny Chhen
Cc: <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Can the project use the Monkey Face Logo from the last Collab Conference?

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com<mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com>>
wrote:
Sonny,

One of the things that trademarks@ has asked us to do, is to create a
"powered by" logo for the project.  I've been thinking that it would be
really neat to use the monkey "head" logo that you created for the
conference in santa clara as the inside of a "circle" style logo, with
the words "Powered By Apache CloudStack" wrapping around it.

Would you be willing to donate that design to the project, so that we
could use it for this (and other) purposes?  If so, would you be able to
send me (directly, as the list strips attachments) the source vector
art?

I'm a big fan of that specific treatment of the monkey, and I think that
it's distinct enough from the other monkey (put on our new homepage) to
work well for the "powered by" use case.

If you're not willing, no harm / foul!  I'll work on something myself
and see if I can get a good enough look to it.

-chip

BTW - I was thinking about something similar to this: http://www.chipchilders.com/storage/poweredby.png

That's a really ugly version, but I just wanted to get people's thoughts.  I think we'd need
to eliminate the text that colors the monkey face, and instead substitute solid colors within
those objects, and obviously improve the fonts for the text / etc...