From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Powered By Logo
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:52:02 GMT
On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 03:34:15PM +0000, Giles Sirett wrote:
> All
>
> I'm really not a big fan of using the monkey for this.
> The monkey is fun and interesting in the community context but if I had a public cloud
or product powered by ACS, I wouldn't want to put that on my website.

> IMO the concept of "powered by" needs to get over a message  of reliability, safe tech,
etc  - I don't think the monkey does that. Also, it has to be a logo that people will want
to use on their sites. The monkey may be a bit too much fun for that

> Now -everybody will say - "what would you use instead" - I'm not full of ideas, but I
think the standard ACS text only logo with a "powered by" tagline would be more widley used.

> Alternatively, something like these:
> http://forums.auroraos.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2030
> With those, we could still have Mr Monkey, but he would be slightly diluted.

Great feedback Giles. Thanks!

Funny though, the Hadoop Elephant seems to have
been accepted by the industry and it splashed all over the place!

I'll take a crack at some treatments that don't include the monkey, as
well as more that do.

-chip