From Mathias Mullins <mathias.mull...@citrix.com>
Subject [ACS42] [ANNOUNCEMENT] - 4.2 Press Plan
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 03:03:04 GMT
Folks,

So for 4.1 we were looking at the first major release following the TLP graduation. Yet with
4.2 we are still looking at a MAJOR release here. 57 New Features, 29 Improved Features, and
1900+ fixes. That's a ton of work and I think a lot to be proud of.

So last time Joe put together a marketing plan for 4.1.0. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/4.1.0+Marketing+and+Promotion
and I think it was even a little limited. I think we have an opportunity to get the message
out there even more. We heard talk about this at the CCC13 mindshare table, so I'm hoping
the people at that table can help me with this effort.

Release Announcement – Draft is already up for editing: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/4.2+Release+Announcement

Here's the marking plan I've started putting together. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/4.2.0+Marketing+and+Promotion

Matt Mullins
Cloud Platforms Implementation Engineer
Worldwide Cloud Services – Citrix System, Inc.
+1 (407) 920-1107 – Office/Cell Phone
matt.mullins@citrix.com<mailto:matt.mullins@citrix.com>