From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject 4.2 press plan?
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 20:52:48 GMT
Hi folks,

AFAIK, we don't currently have any plans around promoting the 4.2
release. 4.2 is a pretty big release, and something we should
highlight and be proud of.

At a minimum we need the following:

A release announcement - something that highlights the new stuff, and
reasons for people to get excited.  Preferably something we can also
send to press@ and get them involved with.
Ideally we'd have a number of people blogging about the event.
Contact some press-types to alert them to the fact that we released
and that it's a big deal. :)

There is of course a ton more that could be done. Anyone interested in
picking this up?

--David