From Geralyn Miller <geralyn.mil...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack at VMWorld?
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 17:54:24 GMT
Joe is correct. As an exhibitor, Citrix cannot participate in this type of ancillary event.
The contract terms are such that all participating sponsors cannot hold events or participate
in any events other than VMworld up to two days prior, during and two days after the event,
for a 50 mile radius. Sorry.

-geralyn

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Brockmeier [mailto:jzb@zonker.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:45 AM
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: CloudStack at VMWorld?

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013, at 12:42 PM, Kelly Hair wrote:
> Other approach is guerrilla marketing / sponsoring happy hours or
> after show events.  I'Ve seen food trucks from non-sponsors hanging
> out at the Javits Center on more than one occasion.  While it may
> annoy the organizers, they'll gladly take your money the next year :)

Note that many exhibitor contracts forbid this sort of thing - so if Citrix is there, they
can't sponsor this kind of thing. (Apache CloudStack may be in the clear, but it would probably
be a bit fuzzy for money to flow from Citrix to do this.)

There's nothing wrong with people attending and talking to folks about CloudStack, of course.
Might even be more effective than the "stand in the booth and hope" approach.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier