From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: CloudStack at VMWorld?
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 17:45:15 GMT
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013, at 12:42 PM, Kelly Hair wrote:
> Other approach is guerrilla marketing / sponsoring happy hours or after
> show events.  I'Ve seen food trucks from non-sponsors hanging out at the
> Javits Center on more than one occasion.  While it may annoy the
> organizers, they'll gladly take your money the next year :)

Note that many exhibitor contracts forbid this sort of thing - so if
Citrix is there, they can't sponsor this kind of thing. (Apache
CloudStack may be in the clear, but it would probably be a bit fuzzy for
money to flow from Citrix to do this.)

There's nothing wrong with people attending and talking to folks about
CloudStack, of course. Might even be more effective than the "stand in
the booth and hope" approach.

Best,

jzb
--