From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: CloudStack Press Article
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:45:14 GMT
Just to add to Peirre's list,

Main pain point for OpenStack, is you need a team of developers to make it work.

There are companies formed around this issue, due to complexity involved of getting OpenStack
to function in production.

Other issue as told by other folks who are affiliated with OpenStack project:
OpenStack suffers from collaboration issue - since most of the companies that develop OS are
in competing space.
There is no official upgrade path from version X to version Y.
Comprises of many different coupled components that depend on specific version of other components
to function - that's very painful.
Enterprises in general will find it costly to run OS in house - due to number of devops folks
dedicated to setup and ongoing maintenance or pay OS consulting firm.

Regards
ilya