From Mathias Mullins <mathias.mull...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [ACS411] Draft Press Release - For Review
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 20:56:16 GMT

On 7/25/13 4:22 PM, "Chip Childers" <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Mathias Mullins
><mathias.mullins@citrix.com
>> wrote:
>
>> Ok here's my draftÅ
>>
>> I changed around some of the formatting from the 4.0.1/2 to make the
>>flow
>> a little better.
>>
>>   *   I also focused on pushing everyone to the Release Notes to see the
>> bug fixes since it also has upgrade instructions and much more.
>>   *   I moved the info about CloudStack to the end since most Press
>> Releases contain organization at the end after the quantitive
>>information
>> that is being given out.
>>   *   Tried to keep it pretty close to previous releases
>>

>> The Apache CloudStack project is pleased to announce the 4.1.1 release
>>of
>> the CloudStack cloud orchestration platform. This is a minor release of
>>the
>> 4.1.0 branch which released on June 5, 2013. The 4.1.1 release contains
>> more than 45 bug fixes. As a bug fix release, no new features are
>>included
>> in 4.1.1.
>>
>> The 4.1.1 release includes fixes for a number of issues; including
>> problems with snapshots, fixes to documentation, and more. Please see
>>the
>> <Release Notes> (Final link to be added) file for a full list of
>>corrected
>> issues in this release and upgrade instructions. As a minor release it
>>is a
>> simple upgrade from 4.1.0 with no architectural changes.
>>
>> Apache CloudStack is an integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
>> software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and
>> private cloud environments. CloudStack includes an intuitive user
>>interface
>> and rich API for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage
>> resources. The project became an Apache top level project in March 2013.
>>

>> Matt
>>

>In the subject line: s/Press Release/Release Announcement
>
>We won't be doing an actual press release for this one IMO (they are
>reserved for big events).

I didn't really put a title on it, because I figured there wouldn't be a
full Press release, more like a Blog release, but I think we should try
and get it out where we can.

>Other than that looks good, but we need to add the following to the end:
>
>##Downloads
>
>The official source code release can be downloaded from:
>
>http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html
>
>In addition to the official source code release, individual contributors
>have also made convenience binaries available on the Apache CloudStack
>download page.

Setup a wiki page for announcements to make it easier to collaborate on it
a little bit easier. Here's the link for the 4.1.1 release announcement
one.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/4.1.1+Release+Announ
cement

Matt