From Pierre-Luc Bisaillon <pbisail...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Press Article
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:33:59 GMT
Hey Geoff,

- Faster to production
- Simpler and more scalable architecture
- More production-ready features
- Better documentation
(see
http://www.cloudops.com/2013/06/cloudstack-vs-openstack-a-personal-experience/
.)

I would also point you to Simon Wardley's recent blog post (we have no
affiliation with him, just an interesting article)
http://blog.gardeviance.org/2013/07/there-can-be-only-one.html?m=1.

Good luck with the article.

PL

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Geoff Higginbottom <
geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:

>  All,
>

> I am working on the press article for http://www.admin-magazin.de/ and
> following a submission of a first draft ( 17,000 characters) the journalist
> has come back asking if I could provide more examples of where CloudStack
> is better than OpenStack, or what are the features unique to CloudStack etc.
>

> Now I’m first to admit I’m not an OpenStack expert, so if there are any
> more knowledgeable people out there could you please highlight some areas
> where CloudStack excels.
>

> In addition they want a brief list of the top features of CloudStack for a
> ‘call out box’ etc.  As there are many great features, I am again happy to
> take suggestions.
>

> Before anyone asks, I do not want to share the full text I have written so
> far, as that would just result in 100 editors helpfully trying to ‘improve’
> it, I hope you all understand.  I can confirm however that I have put a
> very positive aspect on how excellent CloudStack is, and once the magazine
> editors have approved the text I will share on this list.
>

> Regards
>

> Geoff Higginbottom
>
> *CTO / Cloud Architect*
>

> [image: Description: Mail Logo Bottom Align]
>

> D: +44 20 3603 0542 <+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540 <+442036030540>|
M:

--
Pierre-Luc Bisaillon
Chef des opérations/COO